PhxAss V4.xx is a highly optimizing macro assembler for Motorola's 680x0
CPUs, 6888x FPUs and 68851 MMU (of course, the 030, 040 and 060 MMUs are
PhxAss V4.xx requires OS2.04 (V37) as a minimum and does no longer support
older operating systems! (Kick 1.x owners: Get PhxAss V3.97, it's the last
version running under Kick 1.x). 1 MB of RAM recommended.
PhxAss V4.xx is Freeware and © copyright 1991-2001 by Frank Wille.
Commercial distribution of this program, without a
written permission of the author, is strictly forbidden!
Most important features:
- Symbolic and Source Level Debugging. Possibility to enable Source
Level Debugging for high level languages too.
- Automatic generation of executables (if possible).
- Creates relocatable Amiga-DOS objects or absolute code (written into
a file (raw or Motorola S-Format), into memory or directly onto disk).
- Small Code and Small Data support (also support for __MERGED sections).
- Listing file, Cross Reference Listing, Equates file.
- Complete floating point support: You can use complex floating point
expressions, including float functions (sine, logarithm, square root,
power, etc.), everywhere in your source, e.g. defining float EQUates or
- Switches for ten different optimizations.
- Local symbols (xxx$ and .xxx type).
- Up to 36 macro parameters.
- Support for Motorola's old and new operand style (even in 68000 mode).
- locale.library usage (english, german, swedish, italian, danish, dutch,
hungarian and french ).
- Nearly all directives of the most popular assemblers like Seka, DevPac or
AS (Aztec) are supported. Example: INCBIN, INCDIR, CODE_C, REPT, RS,
RSRESET, EQUR, REG, OFFSET, XDEF, XREF, PUBLIC, OUTPUT ...
- PhxAss is able to stay resident in memory.
Here you may download the current version,
PhxAss v4.40 (03.04.01):
Beta or alpha versions of PhxAss are available here:
v4.44 (06.04.05) - 144K
PhxAss for Kickstart 1.x (sorry, lost v3.97):
Frank Wille, August 2005.